Valentine Banquet | February 14th
Please pick up your tickets at the Visitor Center before service on Sunday mornings or in the church office between 10AM-2PM. These tickets are valued at $25 and have been paid for by a generous donor, so if you get tickets, please make sure you plan on attending this event. Thank You!
Marriage Retreat | February 15th
Rick and Laurie Ganiere have been married for 50 years and speak for marriage classes and seminars in the church and community. They have also worked with couples, one on one, and helped them find a path to a better future. This seminar IS NOT just for marriages that are troubled. What you invest in grows.
- If your marriage is good, come and continue to invest.
- If your marriage is ok, invest in it to make it stronger.
- If your marriage is struggling, come and see that you are not alone.
- Every couple goes through struggles. Seriously, ALL couples go through struggles.
- We promise a lot of laughs and a fun time together as we see how quirky we all are.
- We also promise some practical principals that apply to every couple.
- We promise some biblical principals to help you grow your marriage into one that for honors God, and is a reflection of His great love for people.
Rick and Laurie Ganiere
Rick and Laurie Ganiere are our keynote speakers for these events. Rick and Laurie have been married for 50 years, have 4 children, 7 grandchildren and 3 grand-dogs. Rick is retired after a long career with WE Energies, and Laurie is an ordained Assemblies of God minister. Together they lead Re-Source Ministries, to come along side the local church to inspire health and growth. Along with spending time with their family, laughing ‘til their sides hurt, Rick and Laurie enjoy traveling, motorcycles, board games and just enjoying time together.
Rick and Laurie have invested in marriages for many years through teaching and counseling. As Laurie often says “you don’t get to be married this long and not go through a lot of dark valleys together. In those valleys, we have learned that God is with us. If He were not, we would have never found our way out of the dark places. We wouldn’t have a story of hope and love to share.” Those valleys have deepened their love for each other and their relationship with their God.
In today’s culture of “throw away marriages”, Rick and Laurie are investing their lives in helping couples understand God’s plan for marriage and how to practically walk it out. “How crazy is it that God would take two people, with two different backgrounds, two very crazily opposing personalities, and bring them together “‘til death do us part”.